Fun Kids Activities
When it’s cold outside, stay indoors and have fun with our list of 30 free things to do with kids indoors. This list of fun kids activities is sure to prevent cabin fever and provide hours, even days, of indoor fun.
Free Things to Do With Kids Indoors
- Make a cardboard tube polar bear. The cardboard can be free if you simply collect the old toilet paper rolls and recycle.
- Pop some popcorn and have a free movie day.
- Print out some free winter activities
- Play dominoes or line them all up and set them off. The kids will have a blast watching them all fall, free entertainment at it’s finest.
- Grab a book and read out loud together.
- Have the kids helps you make a family meal plan. Another healthy and free activity.
- Most every home has paper, glue and salt right? Make this practically free easy icicle craft.
- Pretend your sled riding. Use an old blanket, have one child sit on it and the other pulling her around the house.
- Work on silly and free learning play with by walking on pillows.
- Make getting active a family game using a deck of cards.
- Bake some cookies together. I’ve put a free list together for you here.
- Turn on the radio and challenge everyone to a karaoke contest.
- Get creative and make your own Pictionary Game.
- Finger paint a masterpiece. Even the adults can get in on the fun with this activity.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Learn to code with the kids, the first hour is free.
- Play an old fashioned card game. For example: Go Fish or Old Maid. I found you a free template to make your own cards here.
- Do a free indoor workout with the kids.
- Grab some sheets and make an old fashioned fort. Perfect for playtime and naptime.
- Try a wintery science experiment or two.
- Make a no-sew blanket with two coordinating squares of fabric.
- Play indoor floorball with a group of friends or in a co-op
- Make a bubble wrap road or run
- Pull out the puzzles or you can make your own puzzles for free with items you have around the house.
- Host a scavenger hunt.
- Grab an old bed sheet and some markers and DIY a game of twister, make a roadmap or play village scene.
- Think of some thought probing questions for a family fun “Hot Topics Game” over dinner. You’ll learn more about your kids and they will have fun doing it.
- Make a clay sculpture.
- Make an awesome snack, try Granny’s Granola Bars. Not only is this a great indoor winter activities for the kids they are a quick healthy snack too.
- Make a homemade hot chocolate bar.
Enjoy these fun kids activities with your family today. There is no better time to make great family memories and have a fun family adventure indoors.
This article may contain affiliate links.