5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 pounds Chicken Legs or Thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Garnish: Furikaki (Japanese Rice Topping) or sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine spices, garlic powder through coriander.
- Roll chicken legs or thighs into the spice blend and coat evenly.
- Turn your Instant Pot to “Sauté" without the lid on.
- When it is hot, add avocado oil, followed by the chicken.
- Brown chicken on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once browned, turn Instant Pot to “Manual” and set timer to 10 minutes. Place 2 Tablespoons of water into Instant Pot and add the lid, locking it into place and setting the steam value to “sealing”.
- When timer is finished, do a steam quick release, being careful to avoid the escaping steam.
- Carefully remove the lid and with tongs move the chicken to a large bowl. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on to "Sauté" again and keep the lid off.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and honey.
- Pour it in with cooking liquid in the Instant Pot.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, stir occasionally until the liquid has reduced by half into a thick sauce, about 8-10 minutes.
- Coat the chicken legs of thighs with the sauce. Sprinkle with Furikaki or sesame seeds if desired. small bowl, whisk together the Pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and honey.
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit Giveaway
- Prize: Ten (10) AMEX Gift Cards at $50 each and samples of all five Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits (for a total of five salads)
- Giveaway Ends 10/07/16
Enter below! Be sure to like Eat Smart on Facebook and sign up for their monthly e-newsletter too!
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)