This article is brought to you by MedEx of UnitedHealthcare Global. All opinions are my own.
The school year is coming to an end soon, which means summer plans are about to be kicked off and will go into full swing. My family has a few fun trips planned for the summer, a few of which may be international. There are so many things to consider and prepare for when you are getting ready to travel (in the country or international) that we sometimes forget the most important thing. What happens when we get sick overseas, need medical documents wired over, or even need a filling replaced? It is very important when you travel to get International Travel Insurance.
You may be thinking to yourself that you don’t need travel insurance, but sometimes the unexpected happens. If and when it does, it is always good to be prepared. Let me tell you about a fellow traveler who was visiting Kenya. While traveling, he was in a horrible car accident and had multiple fractures to his right leg. He ended up needing to be airlifted to Paris for surgery. All of this, plus phone calls to keep his family up to date and his plane ride back to Kenya, was covered by his MEDEX international travel insurance.
When you are ready to travel abroad, check out the MEDEX international travel insurance plans available from UnitedHealthcare Global. These plans and deductibles are completely customizable to fit your needs, including but not limited to, sports riders, lost baggage coverage, and more. Plans are available for as little as 7 days to a maximum for 365 days and have 3 tier plans available to suit your needs.
Here are a few reasons why you need MEDEX:
- Find quality care – Easily find the best hospital and emergency team with travel insurance.
- Keep costs in line – In most other countries, the doctors will want you to pay in advance, and in full, for any treatment you receive then you will have to submit it to your insurance company when you get back in the states and hope they reimburse you. With travel insurance, they take care of it all and you might only pay a slight deductible.
- Get home in a medical emergency – If you need to rush home, international travel insurance can help you get there, transfer all of your records, or even bring someone over from another country to help you.
- Handle non-medical problems (lost or stolen passport or money transfer) – If you ever find you’re in trouble or have lost your money transfer, the emergency response team with MEDEX can assist you, and even help get legal help. It’s like having a friend in your back pocket the whole time.
- Safeguard what you have already invested into your vacation – It takes time to save to travel abroad, especially for families! With MEDEX, they will make it easier to handle your lost baggage or your missing passport.
MEDEX is affordable and a basic travel medical policy can cost about the same as a nice meal at a restaurant. For piece of mind, that sounds wonderful. Before your next trip, be sure you purchase travel insurance to give you piece of mind and comfort knowing you are covered if the unexpected happens. MedEx of UnitedHealthcare Global offers affordable travel insurance that you can customize to fit your needs. (Washington State and New York residents, please note that travel insurance plans are not available for purchase in your states.)
Where will your travel plans take you this year?